Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Eilat

We had very high expectations before going to Eilat. Every single one of the students opted to go. We had a blast. Some people saw lion fish. I saw a stingray and lots of big rainbowy fish. The beach felt amazing. It felt like a politically tumultuous version of Hawaii. I tried to get into the Hiatt hotel, but they made it difficult. The girls all went shopping. I took lots of pictures because my parents asked me too. I bought an underwater camera and a t-shirt. The t-shirt has a shark on it, but we did not see any.

On the way back, we stopped at the dead sea for a potty break. We went to bathrooms to potty, not the dead sea. We went during Sukhot, the Jewish holiday, and we saw lots of people at the dead sea camping. A couple of local young men walked into our bus. I got a little worried, so I went in. They were standing in the front of the bus talking to some girls just as cool as clams. I didn't realize before I went in that there were only girls on the bus. They backed off when I came up, but they didn't leave. Professor Ludlow walked in behind me and they left fast. I felt like a hero, but kind of a lame one.



1 comment:

  1. Eilat! My first experience snorkeling ever! We stayed in metal a-frames with giant air conditioners on top. Sounds like it was fun.

    ReplyDelete