Friday, September 16, 2011

Wandering Through Jerusalem

I am getting a little bit better. I forgot to finish this email earlier. I am back. Today is Sunday. I am wearing a suit, which (this is when my computer died).
 
The suit was a bad idea.
 
Today I walked all over Jerusalem. Some people went to Tel Aviv today. Apparently, they have an amazing beach there with water at the perfect temperature. I am glad I went to the old city though. I haven't really had the chance. We went to the Dome of the Rock (outside), the Church of the Holy Sepulchre (where Christ was crucified), the ramparts (the walls), and all over East Jerusalem (the moslem side). We had a blast. I didn't plan on buying a chess set, but I did for 80 shekels. It is about 3.5 to 1, so about 25 dollars. It is made out of olive wood and it is magnetic. I decided that is what I wanted already and then this guy offered it for that price. I had already turned someone down for 180 shekels, so I was surprised to find it that cheap.
 
I had a blast today and now I am exhausted. I had a hazelnut kit kat bar, which was amazing. I also had a Falafel. It was okay. And we had Baclava. They said it more like Bakklawa. It was delicious. I also had this cheese kind. I love eating in the city. It was good to hang out with Thomas all day. We had a blast.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you made this blog i haven't seen half of these letters so far now do you know how to put pictures on your blog because i really want to see some pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also so glad you did the blog, I want to hear it all. This post on the old city just about killed me. I can hear and smell it as you describe it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete